Monday 4 August 2008

10th Dec 07

10th December 2007

Today was the first day I really felt like a stranger at my old flat. I’d not been out there since the day my stuff was collected, and I’ve been away setting everything up at my new home all of last week… so it was a bit of a shock when I felt such a stranger when I was driving out there this afternoon…

I came to town, and everything was familiar and the same as I remember, but also very different… I didn’t have the usual feeling of ‘being home’ when I got to town and turned into my road…

I pottered around and did the things I needed to, then locked up and headed back to my parents place…

I suppose it’s a bit like being on holiday, except there’s no pool, no beach, and no water sports…. There’s also no room service or mini-bar but hey-ho, it’s my ‘in between’ stage, and I’m content with that…

Oh, but I’d be happy if at least there was decent internet access… the internet here is dial up, which I could cope with, but the pc is not very happy at the moment, so most of the pages won’t open up… so it’s better to not even try – or else I end up getting very frustrated with it!

I hope you’re all getting your Christmas shopping done… and looking forward to seeing friends and family over the holiday period…

I’m looking forward to my holidays… only 7 more sleeps…

0 comments: