Tuesday 15 December 2009

It's begining to feel a lot like Christmas

This will have to be a quick post, I have a ton of stuff to do today, but I don't know if I will get to write for a few days, so thought I'd make a quick post and update.

I still have tons from the summer to update, I promise I'll get round to those soon... My goal is before the New Year! Yikes!

Anyway, with December firmly here and Christmas rapidly approaching we finally managed to get our tree.
We went up this weekend and picked out the most perfect tree. Cory cut it about half way up which looked like it would be about right. We went to help Doug (Cory's Dad) cut down the one for him and Genie, and we carted them back to the four wheelers. I was getting excited.

Cory climbed a tree for some mistletoe too. No Christmas decorations would be complete without that! I know you're supposed to "shoot" it out of the tree, but we didn't have a gun and it was getting dark!

While Doug brought the trees back to the Farm on the trailer Cory took me on a one of the trails on the other four-wheeler. It was a lot of fun. The trails are so pretty!

We visited a while with Cory's parents, and niece Julia. Everyone was excited about the news they'd just heard, that Cory's sister in law, Katie was six weeks pregnant.

So, on Sunday after church and lunch we decided that we were going to put the tree up... Cory had to cut about two and a half feet off the bottom of it, and about another six inches off the top to make it fit, but it looked perfect!

We had a lot of fun decorating the tree, some new ornaments, some old, and John & Janet brought us some ornaments that they used to have on their tree back in California too.

I added a few other decorations around the living and dining rooms and we were just about done. The house smelled so Christmassy, and it sure looked it! I love my tree - I think it's just perfect, and I'm excited for this Christmas...

... Our first as Mr & Mrs Cory Fast!

(Here are some pics from the Christmas tree hunt)

0 comments: