Thursday 31 December 2009

Goodbye 2009 - Hello 2010

Well, it's really hard to believe, but it's New Years Eve already. Yes, December 31st 2009.

I can't quite believe the year has been and gone and we are now dawning a new year! I haven't even gotten caught up from the summer yet! Whoopsie!

2009 has been quite the year for Cory and I. It's been busy and hectic at times, it's been crazy and fast-paced. It's been emotional, it's been scary, it's had lots of highs & lows and it's had lots of really fun and wonderfully memorable times. One thing I know for sure is that 2009 will be forever etched on my memory!

We started the year excited about what it might hold, but completely unsure what the year was going to throw at us. It threw a LOT in our direction. Sometimes we ducked, sometimes we just braced for impact and other times it feels like I fell apart. But even with all those things, I'd still have to say that 2009 was a wonderful year in the "Book of Me".

My wonderful boyfriend asked me to marry him and we had the most wonderful wedding imaginable. We had a lot of friends visit us from far and wide, and my Mum, Alfie & Morgan came all the way from London to see us. That was one of the real highlights!

The Summer was really fun, but with the Graves Disease we had our own fair share of struggles. I had my thyroid radiation and started on the "regulation road" as we call it... where we try and balance the synthetic thyroid supplements perfectly so I have enough thyroid hormones to make it through each day.

Autumn was a LOT of fun! We tried to do as much fun stuff as I had energy for, and we even went to my first real football game, the OSU homecoming game. To be completely honest, I don't really get "American Football", it's all a bit weird to me. The rules don't seem 'natural' and the whistle blowing every 30 seconds is frustrating to me... oh well, perhaps I'll learn the rules enough to understand a game sometimes!

Winter has been fun, but has gone by so quickly and the weather has been mild. Oh, and I celebrated my first Thanksgiving this year too! Again, it's not something I 'totally' understand, but it was fun and the food was great! ;)

I absolutely love Christmas, and always have since I was a child, so I was very pleased to work on all the Christmas stuff and get the house decorated. I loved our Christmas tree too, it was just beautiful! I just wish my family could have been here to celebrate with us, or somehow we could have orchestrated it that we could have been in several places at once...

So, with 2010 on our doorstep Cory and I are excited for all the things the New Year will bring our way. We know for sure that there are some struggles coming our way, and challenges that we will have to face together, but we also know that it will be a good year. We will have some fun times, make some wonderful memories and best of all, we'll do all these things together!

0 comments: