Wednesday 19 August 2009

Christmas 2008

Our truck was the truck that saved Winter... we had to pull so many people out of the snow, and cars out of the road it was unreal... Christmas Eve was no different... Santa (AKA Dan) called us to see if our truck would save his Christmas too... he needed to get to his family, but his truck wasn't fit to take him across town...

So, we went and picked up Dan (* I mean Santa) and we took him to Sam's place where his family were waiting for him to arrive with the rest of the dinner supplies!

We shared a great Christmas Eve with Santa and co! ;)



Christmas Morning was great too... Cory and I exchanged gifts and opened our stockings at home before going to Kirk & Katie's for breakfast!

Julia was so excited, she had gotten a bike for Christmas and was riding it round the dining table when we arrived.

Cory's parents, Doug and Genie, and his brother Erik all arrived for breakfast and afterwards we opened and exchanged Christmas presents.

In the afternoon we all went to Cory's parents house for lunch/dinner... Cory's grandparents were there too. I had brought some Christmas crackers with me from London (luxury M&S ones) so I placed them at each place setting and wondered what everyone would make of it! They didn't have Christmas crackers here, and I think some people were expecting crackers that you eat... Either way, we pulled them, shared our jokes and ate dinner.... I will definitely have to make sure that wherever I am next year, we have crackers as well! :)

All in all, Christmas was a lot of fun, and I am so thrilled Cory and I spent it together. I missed my family though, and missed seeing the boys open their presents... But they had a good time too, and who knows where we'll all be next year!

0 comments: