Wednesday 18 November 2009

Guests start arriving....

So,with Anna & Mikko having been here for a week already, they decided to nip up to Seattle on the Monday before the wedding so they could stay there for a day or two and still be back in time to help with the last minute wedding preparations.

My Mum, Morgan & Alfie arrived on the Tuesday, and that was great. It was wonderful to see them walking through the arrivals hall. The boys looked so excited and nervous all at once,but within a few minutes they were their usual selves! We grabbed something to eat and then headed back to McMinnville to show them the sights!

Andrew arrived on Wednesday afternoon, and we were very glad to see him. After my diagnosis of GD I wasn't really up to much, and the meds I was taking were making me very sluggish. I was trying to hang out with my Mum and the boys as much as possible, so it was nice to have Andrew there to help Cory with getting the last few things done.

Anna & Mikko headed back on Wednesday evening from Seattle, and we had already made plans to have a few friends over for drinks. It ended up being a bigger night than we thought...
Danny called about 10pm to say that he had decided to not stop overnight in a hotel and would just be coming straight to us. He'd be arriving between 11pm and midnight and would be happy to sleep on our couch! That was fine with us... We had made arrangements for him and Steve to stay with Dan, but we thought it would be too late for him to show up there at Dan's.

So, he arrived, we all had a few beers and then hit the sack.... we had a lot on the "TO DO" list for the following day.

Dave arrived the next day, so Cory & Andrew headed to PDX to pick him up from there. I dropped Mum and the boys off to the park and headed to the salon! I didn't really feel like getting my nails done, but I really needed to since the wedding was just a few days away and there was no time between now and then.... At least it gave me a few minutes to relax and think about nothing else... or at least that's what I thought. The moment the manicurist looked at my nails she asked if I had any illness or thyroid related condition... I was like "What? How do you know?"
Well, she had been diagnosed with Graves Disease about 8 years before and just recognised how bad my nails looked as being similar to hers... I remember wondering why my Doctors in the UK couldn't diagnose me after 4 years of going to them with complaint after complaint, but a nail technician could spot I had something wrong with me after just looking at my nails!

Cory, Andrew & Dave were making a couple of stops on the way back from the airport. Getting some last minute items and picking up the wine too...

Steve was also on his way and was due to arrive for the Hen and Stag night on Thursday, so it seemed like everyone who was supposed to be there would.
He pulled in mid-afternoon on the bike, and he looked like he could really do with stretching his legs. He'd ridden all the way from San Fran on that bike. YIKES

So, everyone who was supposed to be here was here...

Alex & Tara would be arriving from SLC on the Friday afternoon!

0 comments: