Thursday 5 November 2009

They find that they are one tree and not two...

Our wedding day arrives... I am so excited I can hardly contain myself, but I had to go to Salem to get a few things done first so I hop in the truck first thing and head into town.

The first stop is for breakfast, if I was to make it through the day I would need something to eat and some coffee to keep me going. A quick stop at Auntie Annies for a pretzel and a stop for coffee and I'm ready to face the day.

First stop, the nail bar! I am not usually one to take the time needed to go and have my nails done, but this was my special day, so I wanted to take the extra effort to look as best as I could. After abut 45 mins later, I leave there with pretty acrylic nails... I'm not used to having these, and she did them a fair bit longer than I would have liked, but I knew I'd get used to them in a few mins.

After that I headed to the salon for my hair appointment. Again, I am not used to spending time pampering myself, but thankfully the girls there are awesome, and we had a fun morning chatting, and I was getting excited!

So, with my hair and nails done I'm about ready to get heading home. I turn the radio up, and sing along as the excitement sets in the pit of my stomach.

Cory made my beautiful bouquet and I started to get ready... It was a beautiful May afternoon and in just a few hours I would be Mrs Fast! I was overjoyed. As I got ready I went over the vows I had written in my head. I knew that there was a slim (to no) chance that I would remember them from heart when the time came, but at that moment I did, and they will forever be imprinted on my heart. I had a printed copy as a back up with me, I knew I'd be needing it.

So, it seemed like we had everything... Janet & John came over and took a couple photos of us before we left the house... The drive over to the farm was relaxed and excited at the same time. We were just talking about anything and everything... I remember that I kept looking at Cory and thinking - in an hour or so, he's going to be my Husband... Forever! I know it's cheesy, but it's what was going through my mind.

We pulled into the driveway at the farm and "whack!" Cory remembered that we had forgotten our Marriage Licence. I don't know why I didn't think about it. I had put it on the coffee table in a huge envelope so we wouldn't forget it, but in the excitement of everything we just left the house... Crap, Crap, Crap!

Cory dropped me off, and all the other stuff we needed and he headed back to our house to get it. I guess we could have just had it signed on another date or whatever, but that wouldn't have been the same. That was supposed to be our wedding day, that was when we wanted to exchange our rings and vows, and when we wanted to sign our papers.

I tried to keep busy, doing all the things I needed to, but I couldn't help but feel a little stressed. I felt like I should have gone with him to the house, but I knew he would drive safe and would be back before long. I remember at one point Cory's Dad, Doug said something to me, he was trying to be sweet, and I don't even remember what it was that he said, but that was it for me, the dam burst and I started to cry. I was mad with myself, I didn't want to cry, and I didn't want to ruin my make up either. I just wanted Cory to be back, and for him to tell me it was all going to be ok.

Well, a moment later, Mike came and found me. I guess he could tell I was feeling a little stressed, and so he decided it would be a good time to take some pictures and get me to feel a little relaxed. It worked... We started shooting a few shots, some with me and the cake, some with Cory's Mum, and then some with just me... With each click I was feeling less stressed about the whole thing, which for me is very strange - I don't usually like to have my photograph taken!

After a few sets of photos I heard Cory's truck pull in... It was right then that I realised I'd been tense and holding my breath the whole time. I was relieved that he was here, and all that weight lifted off me when he walked in the room. We gave him a few minutes to get himself together before we took a few photos together and then we were ready to start... we were ready to get married! My heart skipped another beat!

We were standing there ready to go into the room, and the music we had chosen started. I could hardly believe it. We catch a glimpse of each other, then start walking... I will never forget that moment. My heart was beating so hard, it felt like everyone could probably see it pounding in my chest. I catch a glimpse of Dan, looking at us and smiling... and I squeeze Cory's hand so hard as we walk the few extra steps to our spots.

Doug and Frank read the passages that we had chosen, and then Cory and I exchange rings and vows. Yep, I needed the paper with my vows. There was no way I would have wanted to stumble them. Cory's vows were so special and from the heart, and will always be a true treasure to me. I am glad that we decided to write our own vows, and am also really glad that we had managed to keep them a secret from each other and everyone else until that moment. It was perfect!

So, after a wonderful "last first kiss" and our hearts still going crazy, we were announced as
Mr & Mrs Cory Fast!

0 comments: