Wednesday 18 November 2009

Rehersal Dinner (now with pics)

The rehearsal dinner was planned for the Friday evening, at the farm, and we were having Wallerys pizza - our favourite!

After spending the day working on stuff for the reception and trying to get everything done, and run all the errands we headed to the farm. We had three in the front of the truck and three in the back but I still needed to make a quick stop... I needed to pick up my dress from the dress maker!
I sure hoped it was perfect, because I didn't have time to try it on again. I dashed into the house, leaving everyone in the truck, picked up the dress, thanked Judy and ran back out again. I just "hoped" it would be OK when the time came to out it on!

Pastor Gerald arrived just after us and we had a quick run through of how things would go, and where everyone would be situated throughout the ceremony. Julia was our flower girl, but they hadn't arrived so instead, Danny Roe stepped in for her! I must say, he did a wonderful job as a "flower girl"! hahaha

Thankfully everything went smoothly, everything seemed very straight forward enough... so, we headed inside to grab a bite to eat.

It was a lot of fun having everyone together, and I loved how relaxed the evening was. Whoever said rehearsal dinners had to be stuffy!?!?! :)

After dinner and visiting with everyone for a while we headed back to our place to do the absolute last minute things for the next day... I hadn't gotten used to one of the medications my Dr had prescribed me on the Monday, and it made me so sleepy that instead of taking one every 4-6 hours I was taking one half of a pill, once a day in the evening. I made the mistake of taking my pill not long after we got back from the farm, and within about a half hour I was out cold. I had fallen asleep on the couch and would not go to bed. I guess in the back of my mind I knew I had a ton of stuff I still wanted to do, but my body wouldn't co-operate, it wouldn't play ball...

Cory & Andrew worked hard getting the garden ready. They worked til about 11.30pm, and they had Dave, Danny, Steve, Anna, Mikko & my Mum helping too. I was so proud of the work everyone had put in, but I felt a little hint of guilt that I hadn't been able to do my part. Why on earth did I have to be sick now, why couldn't it just wait til after the wedding, and after everyone had gone back home... I was more than frustrated with myself.

As promised, here are the photos...
Danny made a wonderful "flowergirl"
Umm yeah, I don't know what we were doing with our arms...

"Mary, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
Hummmmmm - Let me think.... Aren't we already married?!?!?!

I added this one because I think the face Erik is pulling is hilarious!

0 comments: