Thursday 5 November 2009

Our birthday weekend...

Our birthday weekend was just a week before the wedding ceremony, so we decided it would be nice to get away... We both wanted to head to the beach, it was our most favourite place, and it seemed like the perfect get away.

It would also be a perfect opportunity to visit Yaquina Head lighthouse and cobble beach, where we'd gotten engaged earlier in the year...

That place is just so awesome to me, and every time I visit there I am reminded of that cold, wet March afternoon when Cory asked me for "Forever" and I weakly, overwhelmed with emotions let out a whimper of a "yes" as I nodded...

The rock pools were just wonderful that day, and the mussle beds were pretty amazing too. We spent ages just enjoying that wonderful, and very special place.

After that we had planned to meet some friends at the Rogue festival they were having, so we grabbed a bite to eat and headed down there. It was a really fun afternoon, and the beach was so pretty that day too!

We headed to our friends campsite with them and shared dinner and a couple of drinks. After that we went the beach for a walk before heading back to our hotel. We had an amazing view from our balcony that night - the sunset and night sky were just beautiful. I could have stayed there and watched the reflections on the calm waters forever.

Sunday was a really chilled day for us, we grabbed breakfast at a cafe not far from our hotel and we stopped at several beaches on our way back home. It was exactly the weekend we needed to have...

I will say though, that turning 29 was a lot harder than turning 28 in many ways. I had a great birthday, and I loved sharing it with Cory too, so that made it super special... but being 29, that was scary. That was almost 30, that meant I was getting on in years, I was not going to be a "twenty-something" for long...

I did promise myself that I would have a great year being 29 though... no matter what happened.... with the way this Summer panned out, that might be a harder promise to fulfil than I realised!

0 comments: