Thursday 22 November 2007

Starting to say goodbyes.... :'(

Well, with the moving day looming, I've found that today I had to say my first real goodbye... I've said bye to others before now, but that was ages ago and before it really hit me that I was leaving the country... and I know they'll visit... so it was ok....

Tonight I said goodbye to a friend I've known for what seems like a lifetime... he knows me better than most, has seen me in the good times and the bad...

In my heart I have a feeling that our paths will cross again... somewhere, at sometime, for some reason... so even though I shed a couple of tears, I should remind myself it's not goodbye forever... more like a "see you soon"...

Moving is supposed to be a happy and exciting time, so why then, do I feel sad, and why am I wondering if it's the right decision??? Maybe it's going from the known to the unknown...?

Whatever it is, I can feel the sadness of saying goodbye settling in the pit of my stomach...

If I put my thinking head on, it's probably to do with the fact that the UK has been my home since I was born...
I've got so many memories tied up in London, I can't go anywhere without something from the past springing to mind...

If I put my emotional head on, I think I'm just like everyone else... I'm scared... It's a big thing digging up my roots and trying to lay them down somewhere else... There's always the risk that it doesn't work...

I hope to be able to keep in touch with my friends, and have all the best of intentions, but will it really happen??? There are some people I know, will be friends for my entire lifetime... I know that no matter how often I see or speak to them, there will always be a link...

I wonder how many of my other friendships will stand this test of time and distance...

Only time will tell...

For those of you wondering, Mr Tom has been in his favourite box for most of today... yep, that's right he now has a favourite - so I'm thinking I'll leave that one just for him... I have plenty others for packing... and I'm thinking, at least if I know he's in that box, it means he can't get packed away into one of the others by mistake... ;)

Thanks to you all for your feedback, emails and kind words... you're all too sweet... I will reply, I promise :-)

Oh, and thanks for the idea to write down the reasons why I'm leaving etc - great idea, and I'm definitely going to do that...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's when you will find facebook really handy to keep in touch with your friends ;) I didn't have that tool when I moved and as they say 'loin des yeux, loin du coeur'... so now I'm working on finding back my friends...
Good luck and cuddle to Mr Tom