Friday 30 November 2007

Home...

Just a quick post to say I have arrived safe and well... Traffic was a nightmare getting to the airport (I wish I'd taken the express train instead), and the flight was very rough, and it would seem that we're to expect up to 45 ft waves tomorrow... It's a good job we have a great view from here in the warm, as I think it'll be pretty rough at the beach... am glad I've got my camera charged up and ready to go...

Mr Tom is staying with my parents, and has settled in OK... I hope he'll be OK... he's not used to a house with so much going on, and so many people around... at first it was too much for him to handle, but he seems to be getting used to the boys, and it having snuggles with them too... which they love as much as he does... I know I shouldn't worry, but I can't help it... :)

I'm staying with my brother and his family this week while I unpack, get services installed and get some cleaning & painting done...

It was already late when I got in, so I haven't been down to the cottage yet, I'm expecting my things early in the week so will go down there tomorrow and have a look round to see what needs doing...

It feels kinda weird now... it's been years since I've been in there, and even longer since anyone I knew or cared about lived there... and now I will make it my home... it already holds so many memories for me, from childhood, and of my grandparents... and I am looking forward to making many more happy memories there in the months and years to come...

It all feels a bit surreal, like I'm just here visiting... I'm still waiting for it to hit me!

I will say goodnight for now and sign off, as I'm still exhausted from the past few weeks, and I have a busy week ahead to look forward to...

Good night and God bless xxx

0 comments: